TriageLogic's nurse triage-on-call system can reduce health care costs per patient because it decreases the need for patients to go to the emergency room. According to Dr. Charu Raheja, PhD, Chair of TriageLogic, "We all know that to improve the health care for everyone, we need to be efficient about health resources. Our nurse-triage products ensure that each person gets the care they need at the right place and at the right time."
In a recent survey of patients, TriageLogic found that 30% of the patients that expected to go to the emergency room did not need to go after being triaged by their nurse-triage-on-call. More alarmingly, 10% of the patients that did not think they needed to go to the emergency room ended up requiring urgent care. Both of these cases represent huge savings to healthcare and are a significant improvement in the care of patients.
"We are excited to be a part of this initiative," says Ravi Raheja, MD, Director of Sales and Technology at TriageLogic. "My experience as a doctor has allowed me to fully understand the needs of patients and how to improve the efficiency of medical care."
TriageLogic's array of products and services provides physicians, hospitals and clinics a method for standardizing patient care management across multiple offices, including "after-hours" nurse triage support. TriageLogic's Nurse Triage On Call offers a compassionate staff of licensed registered nurses who are experienced at listening, coaching and offering education to patients and families.
Highlights of the triage service include:
- Prompt call back times, 30 minutes or less
- Experienced, highly-trained registered nurses
- Nurse manager and back-up staff on call 24 hours a day
- Gold standard protocols by Barton Schmitt, MD, and David Thompson, MD
- Highly customized standing orders - TriageLogic nurses follow your instructions specific to your practice or each physician in your practice
- Based on the protocols and customized physician orders, TriageLogic nurses will contact the doctor on call when indicated
- Nurses can help up to 95 percent of patient callers without having to contact the physician on call
- Easy-to-read triage sheets
- Printed report of every encounter (notes also available online)
- Full-liability coverage for nurses (calls recorded)
For more information about TriageLogic or Nurse Triage On Call, contact Amy Smith at (336) 529-2493 or Amy.Smith@triagelogic.com.
About TriageLogic™ (www.triagelogic.com).
Founded in 2005, TriageLogic is a leading provider of quality, affordable triage software and after-hours nurse triage services. From the smallest of provider practices to the largest of triage call centers, TriageLogic offers a full line of triage protocol systems and services to meet client needs. TriageLogic is a healthcare company that provides more than just healthcare software. TriageLogic integrates a unique blend of innovative communication solutions with medical expertise based on practical experience and a thorough understanding of the field. Currently, TriageLogic has two units - a software unit that develops nurse triage systems both for after-hours and day-time use; and a services unit that offers 24/7 nurse support through multiple call centers. With a national footprint, all TriageLogic solutions and services can be customized or private-labeled for each client. Whether yours is a busy private practice in need of a phone triage system, or a hospital seeking a complete after-hours call center solution, TriageLogic has a product to meet your needs.