"The 501(c)(3) status will allow us to increase and enhance our fundraising activities," Nia Davis, president and founder of EDDF said. "This puts us on a path to reach many of our goals as an organization dedicated to providing an assist to the sarcoma community."
This recognition is a major step in growing EDDF. Additional benefits of becoming a 501(c)(3) include:
- EDDF is now allowed exemptions from state and federal income tax.
- EDDF is able to submit applications for grants available only to IRS- documented, 501(c)(3) organizations
- EDDF receives discounts that can help them educate people about sarcoma, such as lower postage rates on mailings and public service announcements
- In the eyes of many people in the nonprofit sector, a 501(c)(3) status delivers a new level of trustworthiness for an organization
- Many companies will match a donation made by one of their employees to a 501(c)(3) organization
The EDDF Tax Identification Number (EID) is 45-4234778 and the IRS letter giving EDDF its 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status is obtainable upon request.
About the Eric D. Davis Sarcoma Foundation:
The Eric D. Davis Sarcoma Foundation (EDDF) was established in 2012 by Eric's family and friends in his honor and memory. EDDF is a 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to finding a cure for sarcoma, a rare cancer, by increasing public awareness, funding sarcoma research, and ensuring improved therapies for patients diagnosed with the disease. The organization is based in Mesquite, Texas, and online at EricDDavisFoundation.org. Contact EDDF by phone at 1-866-543-4351 or email at Info@EricDDavisFoundation.org.
This press release was submitted by Simply Marketed, a marketing, public relations and social media management agency. Contact them at SimplyMarketed.com or 617-460-6779.