(MMD Newswire) November 21, 2008 -- Logic3 launches a hybrid vacuum tube amplifier and speaker combo with killer looks and rich, fearsome sonics.
For $399, music lovers can achieve an ear-blasting 80 watts of clear and undistorted sound by dropping their iPod into the Universal Dock or simply connect to their TV, CD player or mixing decks through the two audio inputs. And, anyone who wants to go bigger and louder can; the tube amp is powerful enough to take nearly every speaker thrown at it.
“Stylistically, the Valve80 is really something special. It mixes high tech design with exposed retro valves, and is a real statement piece for any living room. And in terms of sound quality, it sets new benchmarks; whether it’s base tones or sharp sounds, Santogold or Elbow, the crystal clear quality will hit the right note this Christmas”, says Michael Kirkham, Development Director for Logic3.
Design: You’ll positively want to show it off!
The amplifier has a steel body with a mirror finish, giving it an uber high-end feel. On top, a steel cradle dock houses the iPod, leaving exposed valve tubes and a view meter to kick out light in time to the music. And the front panel has just two switches - one for volume and the other for output selection – leaving most functions to be driven through the remote control. The speakers provided are a sleek ‘piano black’ and design-wise, complement the overall style.
Sound: It’ll knock your socks off!
The hybrid vacuum tube amp balances out the sound of MP3 music files, and all but eliminates noise distortion, to deliver a warm harmonic sound that reaches up to 80 watts RMS. Add in speakers with a tweeter for delivering sharp and pristine notes, and Kevlar cone drivers to pack a punch, and you’ll really notice a difference in tone and richness. This is especially true when playing songs that were originally recorded using valve technology, as an increasing number of tracks are.
Price and Availability
Priced at $399, the Valve80 will be available from January 2009
• Hybrid Vacuum Tube Amplifier with Dock for iPod
• Power Output: 40W per channel
• Frequency Response: 20Hz – 20KHz +/- 1.5dB
• Harmonic Response: ≤ 0.5%
• Signal to Noise ratio: ≥ 86 dB
• Input Sensitivity: 1.0V +/- 25%
• Input Impedance: >4K Ω
• Output Impedance: 8Ω
• Vacuum Tube Type: 6N1 x 2, 6E2 x 1
• Power Supply: Switchable 100V~120V / 220V~240V
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 14.5" x 6" x 6.5“
• High Gloss 'Piano Black' lacquer finish
• Frequency response: 60-22kHz ±3db
• Nominal impedance: 8Ω
• Sensitivity: 85db 1 watt / 1 meter
• RMS Power: 50w per channel
• Tweeter: 1 inch silk, shielded dome
• Bass-mid: 5 inch kevlar cone shielded
• Crossover frequency 4.5 kHz
• Dimensions (W x H x D): 6” x 10” x 8”
• Weight: 7KGs
• Built-in dock provides charging for iPod
• Composite Video Output
• S- Video Output
• 2x Aux Audio inputs & Speaker outputs
- Ends -
For Further Information & Images
Bharat Patel or Michael Kirkham
T: +44 (0) 1923 471 000
Logic3 plc, based in UK, is an established leader in the design, development, supply and distribution of audio, video gaming and PC peripherals/accessories globally. Logic3 consistently produces high quality products at competitive prices, from stylish portable iPod and PSP speakers, through to accessories for all video gaming platforms. Logic3’s products are available in over 30 countries including Europe, USA, Australia and the Far East. www.logic3.com