The Business Forum will feature a keynote address by the Minister of Economy of the Republic of Lithuania, Mr. Rimantas Žylius.
The Forum will focus on trade promotion by cutting transportation costs and saving time trading with Europe and Asia, business opportunities in Lithuania's energy sector as well as opportunities for investment in other areas.
Speakers at the forum will include (from 1:00 to 5:00 pm):
- Rebecca BLANK, Deputy Secretary of the U.S. Department of Commerce (invited)
- Martin J. BERARDI, President, Moog Medical Devices Group, Moog Inc.
- Woody LANGDON, Director of Business Strategy & Market Intelligence World Sourcing Capabilities, Computer Sciences Corporation
- William KENWELL, Sr. Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, MAERSK Line, Ltd (invited)
- Hiroto UOZUMI, President, Hitachi-GE Nuclear Energy, Ltd.
- Takashi HATCHOJI, Chairman, Hitachi America Ltd.
For more information contact the Embassy of Lithuania in Washington, D.C. at (202) 234 5860 ext 118 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lithuania is attractive to U.S. companies for a number of reasons. It is a gateway to markets in the East, and into the wider European Union. Lithuanian industry is a leader in many interesting areas, including laser technology. Its workforce is well-educated. The nation's transportation sector is modern, along with its legal system. Lithuania's leadership has enabled it to emerge from economic crisis to becoming one of the fastest growing economies in the European Union - it grew by 5.8 percent in 2011. The US trade with Lithuania is also growing rapidly, reflecting the economic recovery. Lithuania's leadership encourages American companies to look at Lithuania. A steadfast ally, and a friend, Lithuania has much to offer.