August 15, 2013 (MMD Newswire) -- America - Israel Museum, a one-of-a-kind cultural institution in the US, a non-denominational, preservation, educational, and exhibitory Center , was put on notice to vacate the mezzanine space it occupies at 8484 Wilshire Blvd in Beverly Hills, CA.
We need your assistance and help to find a new home and expand our work:
- The Museum's permanent collection reflects myriads of personal and institutional connections between the Promised Land and the US from the late 19th to the mid-20th Century. The Museum houses over 40,000 ritual, decorative and art objects, original documents, photographs and records of early Israel, historical newspapers and postcards from the Holy Land to America, and one of the largest collection of Menorahs made in Palestine-Israel.
- Museum serves as a counterbalance to the themes of victimhood of the Jewish people. It reflects vibrant life of those who escaped, survived or were distanced from the Holocaust.
- It contains unique evidence of contributions to the Jewish national home by scores of Americans, including Barton Crum, Senator Guy Gillette, Victor Carter, Eleanor Roosevelt, Dean Rusk, Max Webb, Bob Hope, Mickey Marcus, Leonard Bernstein and scores of less known supporters.
- The Museum evidences impact on America by Israeli political figures (Ben Gurion, Moshe Dayan, Golda Meir, Menahem Begin end), journalists and writers, and artists/artisans, such as Ze'ev Raban, Moshe Klein, Ruben Dayagi, Eliezer Weishoff, Boris Shatz, Frank Meisler and many others.
Aimed at younger generation, the Museum's mission is to restore knowledge and ownership of our immediate past history against the crisis-centered or delegitimizing views of Israel.
While it operates as a non-denominational, non-profit organization, the Museum is yet to attract attention of the mainstream organizations or to receive any institutional support. The Museum needs urgent help to relocate and to be adequately endowed.
We are open to all solutions and assistance from individuals and institutions without regard to faith.
The imminent loss of space by America-Israel Museum must become an opportunity to find it a new home where it shall grow and expand its mission: To reconnect the Land of the Free to the Land of Return!
FOR INFORMATION, TO SEND/OFFER SUPPORT OR TO SCHEDULE A FREE MUSEUM VISIT, PLEASE CONTACT:
BORIS GORBIS, Esq., Museum Founder and President NAFI, at 323-651-1600, at email@example.com, or
IRINA GORDEYEVA, NAFI Corporate Secretary, at 323-651-1600 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Museum address: NAFI, 8484 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 210, Beverly Hills, CA 90211
* NAFI is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization organized in 1997. America-Israel Museum is a member of CAJM (Council of American Jewish Museums)